Preparing To Buy
“Lynn has been associated with our extended, Ottawa-area family since the mid-90′s. Lynn’s best quality is the extreme care she takes to understand her clients’ wish lists (both written and unwritten) before showing them properties. Never has a friend or family member complained about Lynn wasting their time by showing them properties that did not meet their needs or expectations.”
We take the buying process as seriously as you do! Buying your home is one of the most important purchases you will make and we’re committed to providing you with the experience and the service you deserve.
Some of the steps involved when buying property:
1. Reviewing the Buying Process With You, including:
- Explaining the Agency relationships and how we will work for you
- A step by step overview of the Buying process from start to finish
- An estimate of all costs involved in purchasing a home
- Answering any questions you may have
2. Determining Your Wants and Needs
This is an extremely important part of the buying process! By asking you a series of questions and paying special attention to your needs, we will establish what you are looking for. Our goal is to not waste your time looking at properties that are not in your price range or homes that don’t meet your requirements.
As your Buyer Agents, we will maintain your confidentiality and represent your best interests at all times.
3. Help You Get Pre-Qualified
This step will show you how much you can afford. We will help you establish what monthly payments you are comfortable with, along with pre-qualification through your Financial Institution or a Mortgage Specialist.
4. Shopping for Your Home
We will expose you to the best buys, whether resale or new homes, in your desired neighbourhoods. We use every available method to locate a property that matches your needs. This includes:
- Properties through our personal network
- Properties listed with our office
- Properties offered through all other real estate companies in the City
- All unlisted properties.
We will also inform you of all known facts about the property that are likely to affect your decision.
When we find the home that meets your criteria, we will provide you with:
- Statistics on recent sales, comparable to the property
- Explain your options and conditions
- Assist you in writing an offer
- Act as your representative in negotiations with the seller
6. The Last Steps
We will assist you . . .
- In obtaining legal services, professional home inspection services and homeowners’ insurance.
- By reviewing the buying process and costs, once again at the time of your offer
- By keeping you informed of the progress of your purchase until closing.
7. Follow Up
Our service does not end on the closing date! We provide ongoing assistance and advice whenever you need it.