When preparing your home for sale you need to address the entire house but, depending on time and budget, your main selling rooms take priority.
We can help you identify which rooms are most important and help you decide what changes may need to be made before a ‘For Sale’ sign goes up.
The main selling rooms usually include:
- This area is important because it provides the first impression potential buyers have of your home. Does it appear small? If so, how can you make it feel larger and more spacious?
- The kitchen tends to be the place where people spend most of their time. What needs to be done to ensure potential buyers see it at its best?
Living Room and Dining Room
- If these rooms are right off the foyer, they will be the first rooms potential buyers see. Do they feel crowded and cluttered or spacious and inviting? You want people to see these rooms as spaces where they can comfortably entertain.
Family Room / Great Room
- Next to the kitchen this is the room where people spend the most time. Help potential buyers feel like this is a room they can easily relax in at the end of a long day.
Master Bedroom and Ensuite
- These areas should feel calm and like a place where potential buyers can relax and retreat to at the end of a busy day.
Staging your home before the for sale sign goes up is important, allowing your realtor to present it at its best to other realtors and to potential buyers. It also makes it more appealing to buyers searching online, who rely on photos to decide whether or not to book an appointment to see your home in person.
What’s the next step?
For help getting your home fit to sell, and for results you can count on, call us today at 613 850 0531. We’re here to help!